3 December 2007

PORTRAIT MAILART CALL



On September 12 2006 I started a project titled, "A
Face A Day". I've drawn a face inspired by someone,
something, alive, dead, make believe.... each and
every day through to September 12th 2007. These drawings
are created on a small piece of linoleum and then
eventually cut out and printed in a small edition, to date I have 74
images printed up with the remainder of the images
just waiting to be cut out.

As I print these images I usually print a few extra
onto postcard weight pieces, some make it into the
mail, others sit around my studio waiting for a chance
to take a trip through the postal system.

I've been fascinated with mailart my whole life and
thought this would be a great opportunity to exchange
work with other mail artists from around the world.

In keeping with my "A Face A Day" project, I'd like to
exchange postcards with your version of a portrait.
Once again the subject of the portrait is up to your
interpretation of that.

End date is May 22 2008, and your postcards will be posted
on my blog at http://dberube-art.blogspot.com/ as I receive them.

Please include your full address, email address and if
you would like, a link to your site.

I will be sending a postcard of my own to all
participants.

Mail to:
DBerube-Art/David Berube
462 West 52nd St.
Apt. #3N
NY, NY 10019
USA

No comments:

.